Virtual Training Options
Just in Time!
Our Just In Time! workshop series offers enhanced instructional content that targets specific needs. Students and teachers are invited to [Math]odology’s unique learning experience for a deep dive into what you need when you need it!
It’s been an unbelievably challenging academic year and both teachers and parents are concerned about learning gaps. To address this concern, we’re offering 18 different teacher workshops and 18 different student courses. Participants will work through the core foundations using the concrete, pictorial abstract approach to learning mathematics.
What you can expect in the course:
- A focus on the progression from conceptual foundations through recording conventional methods.
- Use of the Concrete-Pictorial-Abstract model of representation to ensure foundational skills are secure.
- Because we value human connection, we have incorporated exercises to create Cooperative Learning Environments.
- Participation in Active Discussion Forums will focus on content and delivery methods.
- Prioritization of the most critical content at each grade level and suggestions of additional methods to solve for gaps in aptitude.
- A chance to collaborate with peers from around the county.
- Students will be given practice problems with feedback from our teachers.
- Students will be given games to play to reinforce ideas.
- All sessions will be via the Zoom Platform.
Depending on the session, participants may utilize Jamboard, Google Slides, Seesaw, and Brainingcamp.
Teacher Session Descriptions here
Student Session Descriptions here
- You must sign up with a valid email address. Students may use a parent’s email address.
- Your video camera must be turned on during the entire zoom session.
- We reserve the right to mute or disinvite any attendee to protect the security of others.
- Students will need access to a computer with internet access and a whiteboard and marker.
Virtual Team Meetings/Coaching
Optimize your training and coaching opportunities by inviting our teaching experts to attend your next team meeting virtually. Now with several virtual offerings, Mathodology’s online coaching sessions provide flexibility and professional development in a virtual environment.
Leverage our experts to:
- Plan a lesson
- Plan an entire chapter
- Plan for assessment opportunities throughout a chapter
- Enjoy individual mentoring on topics such as differentiation, implementing journaling practices and more
- Customize group or individual coaching sessions
Mathodology’s virtual coaching sessions reduce travel costs, provide real-time guidance to administrators, minimize cost for substitutes, and keep your teaching skills sharp. Our teachers are authors, who have taught successfully at every grade level, and implemented Singapore math programs from start to finish.
Hourly, Half and Full-Day options available.