Virtual Training Options
Just in Time!
Our Just In Time! workshop series offers enhanced instructional content that targets specific needs. Students and teachers are invited to [Math]odology’s unique learning experience for a deep dive into what you need when you need it!
It’s been an unbelievably challenging academic year and both teachers and parents are concerned about learning gaps. To address this concern, we’re offering 18 different teacher workshops and 18 different student courses. Participants will work through the core foundations using the concrete, pictorial abstract approach to learning mathematics.
What you can expect in the course:
- A focus on the progression from conceptual foundations through recording conventional methods.
- Use of the Concrete-Pictorial-Abstract model of representation to ensure foundational skills are secure.
- Because we value human connection, we have incorporated exercises to create Cooperative Learning Environments.
- Participation in Active Discussion Forums will focus on content and delivery methods.
- Prioritization of the most critical content at each grade level and suggestions of additional methods to solve for gaps in aptitude.
- A chance to collaborate with peers from around the county.
- Students will be given practice problems with feedback from our teachers.
- Students will be given games to play to reinforce ideas.
- All sessions will be via the Zoom Platform.
Depending on the session, participants may utilize Jamboard, Google Slides, Seesaw, and Brainingcamp.
Teacher Session Descriptions here
Student LIVE VIDEO Session Descriptions here
Student TAPED VIDEO Session Descriptions here
Live Video Participation Requirements:
- You must sign up with a valid email address. Students may use a parent’s email address.
- Your video camera must be turned on during the entire zoom session.
- We reserve the right to mute or disinvite any attendee to protect the security of others.
- Students will need access to a computer with internet access and a whiteboard and marker.Live
Engineering the Perfect Kindergarten Classroom 2021-2022 School Year
Constructing the perfect scenario for your students isn’t something that’s finished overnight. We’re committed to your success and that of your kindergarten kids with a heavy lift taken in four manageable parts.
We start on August 10, 2021 when we’ll turn our attention to our first content area of number and how it develops. You’ll learn our deeply researched methods of building concepts, checking for student understanding, how to revisit, and plan to revisit ideas that students may not grasp. We have a plan for a child who struggles to keep up and how we assess that student and the entire classroom so that your long-term goals are met by building a student’s knowledge in a carefully constructed manner.
The fall semester will afford you the opportunity to implement your new plan and we’ll reengage with you on November 3, 2021 to talk about where you are and show you the next phase of our Developing Roots agenda. Measurement takes center stage in this crucial session. We’ll identify the big ideas, talk about how content builds off what we’ve already taught, and focus keenly on implementing those past ideas of numbers into strands.
We’ll reconvene two months later on January 5. 2022 when we’ll turn our attention to our third content area Geometry. There are multiple extensions to the plan, and we’ll cover implementation and the benefits of incorporating them into the plan in order to take a deep dive into understanding with your students.
We’ll put the finishing touches to your plan on March 2, 2021 when we will tackle the idea of setting foundations for addition and subtraction, offer a conceptual understanding of what the symbols represent, and how we start to build fluency within those operations.
In every session we’ve built time to discuss what you’re doing with the other teachers who join us and for you to learn from their successes and the ways in which they’ve overcome challenges.
Session 1: August 10, 2021 7:00pm-8:30 pm EST
Session 2: November 3, 2021 7:00pm-8:30 pm EST
Session 3: January 5, 2022 7:00 pm -9:00 pm EST
Session 4: March 2, 2022 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm EST
Target Audience: Early Childhood Teachers, Math Coaches, Math Coordinators, Teacher Leaders
Contact Information: [email protected]
Virtual Team Meetings/Coaching
Optimize your training and coaching opportunities by inviting our teaching experts to attend your next team meeting virtually. Now with several virtual offerings, Mathodology’s online coaching sessions provide flexibility and professional development in a virtual environment.
Leverage our experts to:
- Plan a lesson
- Plan an entire chapter
- Plan for assessment opportunities throughout a chapter
- Enjoy individual mentoring on topics such as differentiation, implementing journaling practices and more
- Customize group or individual coaching sessions
Mathodology’s virtual coaching sessions reduce travel costs, provide real-time guidance to administrators, minimize cost for substitutes, and keep your teaching skills sharp. Our teachers are authors, who have taught successfully at every grade level, and implemented Singapore math programs from start to finish.
Hourly, Half and Full-Day options available.