Common Core Mathematics in a PLC at Work™, Leader’s Guide (Common Core Mathematics in a Pla at Work)
How do you help your students demonstrate mathematical proficiency toward the learning expectations of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS)?
This leader companion to the grade-level teacher guides illustrates how to sustain successful implementation of the CCSS for mathematics. School leaders will discover how to support and focus the work of their collaborative mathematics teams for significant student achievement and improvement. Readers will receive explicit guidance and resources on how to lead and exceed the assessment expectations of the common core.
Discover what students should learn and how they should learn it. Comprehensive and research-affirmed analysis tools and strategies will help you and your collaborative teams develop and assess student demonstrations of deep conceptual understanding and procedural fluency. You’ll also learn how fundamental shifts in collaboration, instruction, curriculum, assessment, and intervention can increase college and career readiness in every one of your students.
– Discover the five essential paradigm shifts necessary to implement the CCSS for mathematics.
– Receive guidance on forming and sustaining collaborative teams in a Professional Learning Community at Work culture.
– Develop a ‘less is more’ content mind-set: fewer standards will result in the opportunity of time needed for deeper rigor and conceptual understanding work with students.
– Gain helpful formative assessment strategies for development of student proficiency in the Standards for Mathematical Practice.
– Access dozens of tools, activities, examples, resources, and reproducibles to help teachers and teams analyze, interpret, and implement the common core standard expectations for instruction and assessment.
– Examine the research-affirmed foundation of mathematics content and process standards from 1989 to 2010 and deepen your understanding of the common core expectations.