- January 20, 2020 - January 22, 2020
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Developing Roots Mathematical Workshop
Math PD for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Teachers!
January 20-22nd, 2020
Jacksonville Beach, FL
1) Examine the learning trajectories through four content strands
- Number, Measurement, Geometry, and Operations
2) Implement the 3-Part Lesson Structure
- Explore: Connect the concrete experiences with abstract representations
- Practice: Center activities and games allow students to practice concepts
- Reflect: Journal to help students communicate the mathematics
3) Formulate questions that inspire “math talk” and change the culture of your classroom
4) Develop independent thinkers who are curious about the mathematics in their world
5) Collaborate with teachers just like you at the beach!
For booking rooms, contact the hotel directly and mention the group name MATHODOLOGY to receive the group rate. If the school will be paying for the room and the school qualifies for tax exemption the hotel needs to receive that form prior to checking in. For schools that will need a few rooms, please contact Ofelia Bush direct via email, firstname.lastname@example.org .
If rooms are booked through 3rd party websites the group rate does not apply.
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront for 169.00 USD per night