- July 27, 2020 - July 29, 2020
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Three-Days: July 27-29, 2020
Target Audience: Early Childhood Teachers, Math Coaches, Math Coordinators, Teacher Leaders
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE- The venue may move down the road from the hotel (Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront) based on the COVID-19 situation.
1) Examine the learning trajectories through four content strands
- Number, Measurement, Geometry, and Operations
2) Implement the Three-Part Lesson Structure
- Explore: Connect the concrete experiences with abstract representations
- Practice: Center activities and games allow students to practice concepts
- Reflect: Journal to help students communicate the mathematics
3) Formulate questions that inspire “math talk” and change the culture of your classroom
4) Develop independent thinkers who are curious about the mathematics in their world
5) Collaborate with teachers at the beach!
For booking rooms, contact the hotel directly and mention the group name MATHODOLOGY to receive the group rate. If the school will be paying for the room and the school qualifies for tax exemption the hotel needs to receive that form prior to checking in. For schools that will need a few rooms, please contact Ofelia Bush direct via email, email@example.com .
If rooms are booked through 3rd party websites the group rate does not apply.
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront for 169.00 USD per night